Dynamite Online K-12 Teacher Resources
- ABC Teach : This online leader in children's education offers thousands of free lesson plans, worksheets, flashcards, activity sheets and more.
- Curriculum Marketplace : Quickly locate software, textbooks, lesson plans and other teaching materials that meet your state's curriculum standards.
- Discovery Education : From a leader in education resources, Discovery provides lesson plans written by teachers, corresponding to their education videos.
- Education World : Work on spelling, geography, reading comprehension, research skills and more with these lesson plans.
- Exploratorium : Educators can view suggestions for hands-on learning activities in science education, access distance learning materials in the digital library or watch live programming from research centers.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators : Offers a categorized listing of online curriculum useful for developing subject specific lesson plans, rubrics, slideshows, and classroom presentations.
- NASA Quest : Covering grades k-12, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration offers printable and web based lesson plans, workbooks and virtual field trips for teachers.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics : Find algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, statistics and other math educational lessons.
- National Nanotechnology Initative : Develop science and technology curriculum with movies, slide shows, education kits, educator workshops, online lesson plans, and more, from leading science-based institutions.
- ProQuest : Offering ideas for mini-research projects, curriculum and online activities.
- RubiStar : Free teacher resources with templates provided for building customized rubrics for classroom education.
- Sites for Teachers : Huge collection of links for virtual visits to museums, lesson plans for teachers and online activities for language arts, social studies, art, music and more.
- TeAchnology : Simplify planning your lessons with free access to customizable ideas for holidays, events, monthly themes and teaching tips.
- The New York Times Learning Network : For teachers of grades 3 and up, daily lesson plans, history, crossword puzzles and test prep are provided.
- The Teachers Corner : In-depth site offering free lesson plans, seasonal worksheets, writing prompts, pen pals for your classroom and monthly thematic units in a number of subjects.
- Quiz Hub : Educational quiz games allow teachers to stimulate student interest in subject matter. Interactive quiz center includes practice test for state exams and covers English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- SEA Education Association : Need to teach oceanography, marine ecology, marine biology and nautical science to students? Find appropriate lesson plans here.
- Scholastic : With lesson plans, mini books, customizable teaching ideas based on current events, to do lists, and online activities to enhance learning.
- U.S. Department of Education : Extensive listing of online projects, games and downloadable materials to simplify and enhance understanding of astronomy, cosmic rays, special relativity and other areas in science and technology.
- U.S. Geological Survey : Covering volcanoes, ecosystems, fossils and more, these downloadable packets are designed to aid teachers in explaining geology and geography.
Professional Development for Teachers
- Annenberg Media : Offering workshops and courses for teachers, with online colleges offering graduate level course credit, specifically the Colorado State University Division of Continuing Education.
- Educator's Professional Development : Offers a conference calendar and information on professional development opportunities in the United States and throughout the world.
- Edutopia : Webinars, project based learning modules, training, videos and more to emphasize teacher mentorship, development and using technology in the classroom.
- iEARN : Teachers looking for standards-based courses for their students can participate in a collaborative eight week projects from iEARN.
- Microsoft Education : Events and webcasts to help teachers learn how to utilize Microsoft products for classroom guidance.
- National Council of Teachers of English : This professional organization promotes literacy at all education levels. Professional development courses are offered as web seminars to teachers.
- National Education Association : The professional association representing teachers and educators all levels of public education offers best practices, standards information and guidance on managing student behavior in the classroom.
- National Middle School Association : Offering annual conferences, workshops and webinars for teachers in the middle grades.
- PBS Teacherline : Over 100 graduate level courses or continuing education credits with quality online courses for PreK-12.
- School of Library & Information Science : From Indiana University, this graduate course offer information on literacy and teacher development in other areas.
- Teachers Network : Online courses included help new teachers learn how to adapt web based learning to a classroom setting, or aid new teachers in leading a classroom.