Learn Physics Today
Physics is one of the world's most interesting sciences. The broad definition of physics is the study of matter and matter's motion through space and time. However, the term also encompasses many other fields that are affected by motion such as energy and force. Many people go to colleges and online colleges to study the various branches of physics.
In physics, the term "mechanics" applies to the behavior of physical bodies. These physical bodies react when they are subjected to either force or displacement. The study of mechanics is the process of studying those reactions to see how they affect the environment.
- Velocity : Discusses the mechanics of velocity (the rate of change of positon) and its impacts.
- Hamilton Mechanics : Highlights Hamilton mechanics which is William Hamilton's reworking of classical mechanic laws.
- Introduction To Newtonian Mechanics : Discusses Sir Isaac Newton's laws of mechanics.
- Acceleration : Explains the concept of acceleration, which is defined as the "change of velocity over time."
- The Kinematic Equations : Talks about kinematic equations extensively. Kinematics is one of the branches of classical mechanics that deals with motion.
Lights and Waves
Lights and waves are connected. We can see colors because our eyes have the ability to detect wavelengths. When the wavelengths register on the electromagnetic spectrum, we are able to see the colors.
- Light As A Wave : Talks about light and how light is composed of waves.
- Visible Light Waves : Shows the types of waves the human eye is capable of seeing.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum : Touches on the electromagnetic spectrum, which is composed of all kinds of light waves and frequencies.
- The Science of Light : Discusses light and everything connected to it.
- Light Waves And Color : Explains how different light waves allow people to see different colors.
Electricity is a term that refers to lots of different things. For many people, it's the entity that powers the appliances in their home but when the term is used scientifically, it can refer to everything from electric charges, electric fields, and electric currents. Each of these things affects the world in different, fascinating ways you probably wouldn't expect.
- Electricity And Magnetism : Discusses electricity and magnetism and how they are intertwined in the scientific world.
- Electricity And Modern Physics : Offers many different lessons about electricity and the things it affects.
- Current Electricity : Shows how current electricity works with a working animation that helps explain the concept.
- Electrical Charges : Discusses electrical charges in depth.
- Electrical Fields : Talks about electrical fields and how they occur.
Few subjects are as fascinating as physics. Students of physics will have a deeper understanding of how things work in the world.